Welcome to the Woman’s Club of Washington University
Our mission is to provide opportunities for friendship, learning and service to our members and to the broader Washington University community.
We offer a welcoming environment, encourage friendships, create opportunities for growth, and promote serve to Washington University and the community at large. While our club is proud of its 109-year history of service, our present-day active membership strives to use the resources of Washington University and our accomplished, dedicated members to address current issues of collegiality, lifelong learning, and expanded community outreach.
Some of our activities and events include:
Friendship – There is room for you at our tables
- Interest Groups. Choose from Arts and Crafts, Bridge, Canasta, Dance, Literature Review, Mah Jongg, Scrabble, Writing, etc. Groups meet on various days and times.
- Luncheons. We host three luncheon a year with diverse themes.
- Informal partnerships with Washington University departments to strengthen connections.
Learning and Growth – Come and learn with us
- Lectures – current topics of interest are held throughout the year
- Trips to local galleries and museums
- A Washington University matinee and a spring musicale are planned
- Tours of the WU campus and the Missouri Botanical Orchid Show
- Women and the Kemper – support the Kemper Museum and participate in in-depth study sessions.
Service – Join us and make a difference
- The Risa Zwerling Wrighton Scholarship Endowment Fund provides funding to an increasing number of University College recipients. Various fundraisers are planned annually to support this effort.
- Our Elizabeth Gray Danforth Butterly Garden is supported and sustained by our club volunteers who serve as caretakers of the garden for the community.
- Holiday Cards for Heroes events support military families and veterans.
- Homeplate is a program for Washington University students far from home. Students are paired with volunteers who host two or three informal dinners during the school year for the students.
- International Women – Members welcome and host international guests to mutually honor cultures and traditions and develop friendships.
As you can see, our many opportunities and offerings allow you to be as engaged and active as you would prefer.
Please click on the Membership tab above and join in as we meet, live and give together.